Transforming Grief & Loss Workshop
June 28 @ 9:00 am - June 30 @ 2:00 pm| $700
Loss is universal, part of our shared human experience. The grieving process is difficult, and can be lonely and confusing. Our upbringing and our culture have often left us unable to trust the truth of our own experience and our right to be our authentic self.
The Transforming Grief & Loss Workshop provides a powerful environment and a well-established method to help participants better understand the essential value of their feelings, honor their personal stories, and integrate their past and present realities into living and loving anew. The workshop method carries forward the grief externalization work of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
Participants come for a wide variety of reasons including those who have faced or are facing major losses and changes, those engaged in care giving and helping roles, those encountering job fatigue or lack of fulfillment, as well as adult-children of dysfunctional families.
Objectives of the workshop
• To provide a safe place to share our stories so that we can move from isolation to connection, and from judgement to compassion.
• To work through our fears, anger, and shame in order to be more open to love, joy, and respect.
• To further understand the grieving process of old and current losses.
• To understand the difference between healthy and dysfunctional communication.
• To relearn the use of natural/healthy emotions in order to live more fully in the present.
• To find balance in our physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual lives.
• To listen and care more deeply without taking on the pain of others.
The workshop begins on Friday at 9:00 am and concludes on Sunday by 2pm. The schedule is intensive in that we use every hour of the workshop to prepare, experience, and integrate the externalization process. This is a facilitated way of grieving that helps us understand our own and others emotions in new and profound ways.
Redemptorist Renewal Center- 7101 W. Picture Rocks Road. Tucson, AZ
Cost & Registration
$700 includes room, board, and tuition.
For further details please contact Beth Strauss [email protected] 928-275-3863
Beth Strauss LPC, Beth comes from an extensive professional background in elementary education, hospice social work, drug & alcohol treatment programs, and chaplaincy. She trained with the Lincoln’s in 2011 and has been actively staffing related externalization programs around the country. She is currently in private practice as the owner of Eclipse Counseling, LLC.
Natasha Korshak, Natasha is an ordained Interfaith Contemplative Minister with an emphasis on contemplative healing and spiritual direction. She has worked in the fields of integrative health care her entire professional career and is the founder of the Sol Center. She is trained in the externalization method by the Lincoln’s as part of their Growth & Transition staff.